It's officially Spring today and a great time to clean up on the inside and out. People often speak about having a spring clean of their homes, but I recommend looking a little closer and starting with yourself.
Here are my Top Tips for a Self Spring Clean:
- Drink More Water. Stay hydrated to help flush out toxins and keep the body & mind fresh and working at it's optimal. I find drinking water alone can wake me up and make me feel fresher when I need an evergy boost.
- Cut down on alcohol. I know I know.. that evenings glass of red wine is sometimes a real joy, and I'm not telling you to stop drinking completely. But cutting down can give your body a chance to cleanse itself. If you tend to drink little but often, see if you can give your body a little break from alochol for an extra day or two between drinks for that chance to cleanse.
- Clear out the mind. Grab a pen & paper, take a few deep breaths and when you feel ready write down all the things that are on your mind, bothering you or thoughts of concern. Notice how many negative thoughts take up your mind and look at this as 'clutter' in the mind. Now take a deep breath and next to each point write a positve comment.
For examaple: 'I need to lose weight' - 'I am a healthy & grateful for my health'
- Clear your inbox & your desk (top).
- Clease the body through yoga and exercise. Enjoy getting out in the fresh air and sweating with a run or some hot yoga to help cleanse the body of unwanted toxins.
There are so many ways to enqourage that spring clean feeling fmor within and this is just a starting place. Feel free to share your favourite cleansing tips for the mind & body.